Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Forget Abu Ghraib, The Real War Crimes Were in Afghanistan

I think it's a sad indictment of American politics when the Bush administration can create an atmosphere in which it is impossible for an opposition candidate to criticize the American military. The reason is that if Americans were aware of what has gone on under Bush's watch, very few would be inclined to vote for him. In particular, I think it's sad that this has received no attention whatsoever from Kerry, or Democrats in general. For me, the fact that Americans oversaw, and then covered up the mass murder of perhaps thousands of Taliban prisoners of war, some by suffocation in rail cars! makes me sick, and I would never vote for a president who hasn't done something about it. Joe Carter asks, "What would make me vote for Kerry?" I would hope that awareness of this would make any ethically sound conservative do so.

No comments: