Monday, May 02, 2005

Apology

Sorry for the dearth of posts over the last few weeks. I have been having trouble with my computer. It turns out that some Toshiba laptop models had a couple defects, one of which causes power problems. My laptop, which is my main computer at home, has been acting up for a few weeks, and finally died last week. It's now in the shop for the third time since I bought it in late December, though Toshiba has apparently issued replacement parts that do not have the defect, meaning this should be the last time for a while. The moral of this story is, never buy a Toshiba laptop.

I have posts on goals and the connection between memory and analogy on the laptop, but those will have to wait until it's out of the shop. In the meantime, if you have anything you'd like to see me post about, let me know. If I can't post on it before the computer gets back, I can at least be thinking about it.

3 comments:

syllogist said...

Accept my apologies if i'm being needlessly redundant or plain annoying here, but I think that maybe you missed reading about a request I made on the 16th of April.

Allow me to to quote my lazy self:
"Hey Chris, I have a request to make. I was intrigued by one of your previous posts that declared a specific rate for "internal" speech or something to that effect. I'm particularly perplexed as to how one makes any such approximations and if it has anything to do with belief propagation on Bayesian networks. It would be great if you could concoct a post on the problems or dynamics of introspectively-derived data in experiments on cognition, and perhaps critique Dennet's Instrumentalist stance in that regard. Including a brief summary of Wittgenstein's position on the philosophy of psychology would be nice as well (might offer a nice anti-introspective non-reductionist contrast), if you can fit it in that is. Thanks--and sorry if what I've requested makes little sense or is only loosely interconnected, you'll have to excuse my intellecutal lacking as I am neither a philosopher nor scientist."

Chris said...

Hi syllogist, I did miss that. I'll think on it some, and see what I can do.

Kevin said...

牙醫,植牙,矯正,紋身,刺青,創業,批發,皮膚科,痘痘,中醫,飛梭雷射,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,seo,關鍵字行銷,關鍵字自然排序,網路行銷,關鍵字自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,關鍵字廣告,部落格行銷,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,關鍵字廣告,關鍵字,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,網路爆紅,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,中古車,二手車,中古車,二手車,高雄婚紗,搬家,搬家公司,服飾批發,團體服,街舞,融資,借貸,借錢,小產,雞精